Knotty sauna cabin
The Knotty sauna is designed for the true epicurean at an affordable price and with excellent quality. Extremely complete and well thought-out. A real traditional Finnish sauna in a new concept. The cabin is completely finished in knotty cedar. The two benches and the oven guard are also made of knotty cedar. Furhermore, this sauna cabin also contains an 8kW oven with built-in control and a door in clear tempered glass. A sauna with a very good price/quality ratio.
Add value to your home
Need to relax after a busy day at work, want to spend time with friends or invest in your health? Then a sauna is a must in your home. Saunas are not only used in wellness centres, but you can also install them in your own home. This way, you can enjoy your own private sauna. Moreover, this is an investment that adds immediate value to your home.
When you visit a sauna, it is important that you listen to your own body.
What does a sauna offer your body?
- Stimulates the blood circulation
- Frequent sauna use helps reduce blood pressure
- Reduces the risk of colds and flu
- The temperature changes (in and out of the sauna) stimulate the immune system
- Deep cleansing of the skin takes place
- The pores are opened in the dry heat of the sauna. Sweating cleanses the skin andy body and removes waste products
- The production of new cells is stimulated and the skin is invigorated
- It is soothing, relaxing and gives you new energy
When to avoid a sauna?
A sauna is usually advisable, but if in doubt consult a doctor and avoid saunas:
- 1st three months of pregnancy
- If you have an infectious disease
- Too high or too low blood pressure
- Lots of alcohol
- Open wounds
- Varicose veins
- Cancer (consult your oncologist)
How to use a sauna?
2. Toilet visit: This is to avoid disturbing your sauna visit.
3. Showering: Please clean your body thoroughly (if necessary with scrub salt) before entering the sauna. This is not only hygienic for you, but also for others.
4. Dry off
5. Warm up your body: It is important that you first warm up your body to avoid heat shock during the first sauna session. This can be done by a warm footbath.
6. Sauna 8-12 minutes
7. Cooling down
First cool down in the open air, you already lose a large part of the stored heat through your breathing.
Go under a cold shower 10°C.
Immerse yourself in a cold plunge pool 10°C.
8. Warming up the body
Now you are ready for the second and third sauna session.
... Finish? Always end with a rest!
Why cooling down is so important:
- Good circulation makes the body stronger. A healthy blood circulation is crucial. To get more energy, for example, and to warm up better. But that's not all! Your circulation is het means of transporting all those much-needed vitamins, minerals, proteins, sugars and fats to the right places in your body. In addition, a healthy blood flow also ensures the removal of waste products and the supply of hormones and oxygen. We could go on like this... In other words, you want to make sure your circulation is in tip-top shape. Sweating in the sauna widens your blood vessels. Then, when you cool them down enough, they constrict again. This temperature change will make your blood flow faster and train your blood vessels. If you do this regularly, you will eventually notice that your body is more resistant to ailments such as colds and you will generally feel stronger and more resilient
- Your pores close up nicely. When you're in the sauna, your pores open wide through perspiration. That's good, because it allows you to get rid of all the waste products. When you leave the sauna, it's important that you make sure your pores close again. If you don't you are more vulnerable to bacteria.
- It prevents headaches. You go to the sauna to completely relax and clear your head. So it would be a shame if you suddenly get a splitting headache that evening. If you suffer from a headache after visiting the sauna, this is usually due to an excessively high blood pressure. And this is due to insufficient cooling after the sauna. That cold shower ensures that your blood pressure goes down, which reduces the risk of a headache.
There are no products to list in this category.